Error loading decoder for translation

After training successfully on the opensub dataset from the English chatbot tutorial, I get an error trying to test the model. Here’s what I did for the preprocessing and training:

th preprocess.lua -train data/opensub_qa_en/train.txt -valid data/opensub_qa_en/valid.txt -save_data data/opensub_qa_en -data_type monotext
th train.lua -gpuid 1 -data data/opensub_qa_en/train.t7 -save_model data/opensub_qa_en/model -rnn_size 256 -model_type lm

th translate.lua -model data/opensub_qa_en/model_final.t7 -gpuid 1 -src data/opensub_qa_en/test-src.txt -output data/opensub_qa_en/file-tgt.tok -tgt data/opensub_qa_en/test-tgt.txt [03/15/17 10:52:07 INFO] Using GPU(s): 1 [03/15/17 10:52:07 WARNING] The caching CUDA memory allocator is enabled. This allocator improves performance at the cost of a higher GPU memory usage. To optimize for memory, consider disabling it by setting the environment variable: THC_CACHING_ALLOCATOR=0 [03/15/17 10:52:07 INFO] Loading 'data/opensub_qa_en/model_final.t7'... /home/brian/torch/install/bin/luajit: ./onmt/modules/Decoder.lua:63: attempt to index local 'pretrained' (a nil value) stack traceback: ./onmt/modules/Decoder.lua:63: in function 'loadDecoder' ./onmt/translate/Translator.lua:40: in function '__init' /home/brian/torch/install/share/lua/5.1/torch/init.lua:91: in function 'new' translate.lua:50: in function 'main' translate.lua:170: in main chunk [C]: in function 'dofile' ...rian/torch/install/lib/luarocks/rocks/trepl/scm-1/bin/th:150: in main chunk [C]: at 0x00405d50 I get the same error with the released model and using CPU.

Was your goal to just generate sentences with your language model?

Unfortunately, there is no client at the moment to do this. translate.lua only supports sequence-to-sequence models.

the tuto was not for a model_type lm

oops I didn’t see @guillaumekln answered already…