Deleting old CTranslate2 versions from PyPI

Hi,

For each new CTranslate2 version, we publish prebuilt Python wheels on the Python Package Index (PyPI). This is a very convenient way for users to install CTranslate2 without having to compile the project from sources.

However, we are soon hitting the total project size limit of 10GB. We are currently at 9.4GB and can release 1 additional version within the limit. I already requested a limit increase, but based on this tracker activity I don’t expect our request to be processed any time soon.

So I’m planning to progressively remove old versions to free up some space. The deleted wheels will be uploaded on a S3 bucket and can still be installed using a direct URL, for example:

pip install https://ctranslate2-wheels.s3.amazonaws.com/ctranslate2-1.4.0-cp36-cp36m-manylinux2010_x86_64.whl

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you have an alternative solution in mind.

Thanks!

2 Likes

FYI, the storage increase request is finally approved. We have now 20GB in total which should last us quite some time.

In the meantime, I had to delete the following versions which I moved to S3 as described in the first post:

2 Likes

FYI, I archived to S3 all 1.x versions except the last one 1.20.1.

I just archived the versions released in 2021: versions 2.0.0 to 2.10.1 included.