Computation of BLEU Score

tensorflow

(Parthasarathy Subburaj) #1

I ran my NMT model in tensorflow and also make the translations for the test file.Now I am facing an issue when computing the blue score for my test file, I ran the following code for computing blue score

onmt-main score --config config/opennmt-defaults.yml config/data/toy-ende.yml --features_file data/toy-ende/src-test.txt --predictions_file data/toy-ende/predictions.txt

But somehow its not giving me a single bleu score for the entire file, its printing out a score for each line in my predictions file. My configurations are as follows

eval:
batch_size: 32
eval_delay: 3600000
external_evaluators: BLEU-detok

Am I doing something wrong here?

(Guillaume Klein) #2

Scoring is meant to get the negative log likelihood of an existing translation, see the documentation.

Looks like you just want to infer from data/toy-ende/src-test.txt which will produce the file data/toy-ende/predictions.txt and then use any scoring script.

(Parthasarathy Subburaj) #3

Should we need to write the scoring script by ourselves for finding out the BLEU score? Or is there any preexisting code available in OpenNMT TF?

I just simply want to find out the blue score given the true translation file and the file containing the predicted translations. What is the code snippet which I need to use for it?

(Guillaume Klein) #4

Run:

onmt-main infer --config config/opennmt-defaults.yml config/data/toy-ende.yml --features_file data/toy-ende/src-test.txt --predictions_file data/toy-ende/predictions.txt

And then run any BLEU script you want on data/toy-ende/predictions.txt, e.g. multi-bleu.perl

(Parthasarathy Subburaj) #5

Thanks a lot for your support.